ITP 136 Introduction to C# Programming
Client-Server Robot Car
- Write a client-server application
- Demonstrate your understanding of the issues surrounding network communications
- Demonstrate your ability to write multi-threaded applications
- Demonstrate your ability to derive a proprietary application protocol that facilitates the client-server communication process
- Write a client-server version of you robot car program. With a client application you are to connect to a robot car server application and control the movement of one or more robot cars around a floor.
- Your project will consist of two primary components:
- The Server the server component will implement the capability to handle multiple simultaneous client connections.
- The Client the client component will implement the capability to connect to a server component given <hostname> and <port>. <hostname> may be in the form of an IP address. (i.e. 127.0.0.1). Once connected, commands to create, delete, and move robot cars must be issued to the server via the client across a network connection.